Looks amazing, but quite a challenge to install
I knew going into the install of the light my bricks kit that this was going to be challenging, and I was not wrong. This was my 3rd light my bricks set, so knew the ins and outs, but even then I wasn’t expecting the challenge at hand. Super cool finished appearance, but crazy hard to get it to look good.
Don’t get me wrong, the lights complete the overall appearance of the modular, but I did have a few issues worth noting;
1. There are so many wires to loop, tie up, and squeeze under tiles that in some places I couldn’t manage it and had to route the wires differently than the instructions. Namely the flashing sign. I found this impossible to squeeze all the wires under the tiles as directed, so ended up re-routing the cables out the back and down the rear of the sign. This wasn’t a problem visually as the wires are mostly hidden from the normal viewing angle.
2. I initially installed the upper lights to the arches and roof, but didn’t like how bright and visible these are. So ended up removing these fully (3 light strips in total) and have ended up just using the spot lights to light the exterior. Not really an issue, just user preference and I think the removal has made the building a lot cleaner.
3. The 3m sticky dots did not hold the spot lights in place at all. So I ended up using super glue to keep them in place. Easy fix, but it is definitely not desired to use kraggle on my Lego.
4. The number of wires to route and tie up on the lower level is insane.…
Rated 5 out of 5
Rated 4 out of 5
|Ease of Use||
Rated 3 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5